Welcome!
Product Reviews are found on our sidebar. To leave a comment, click on the item you've purchased then on the 'post a comment' button underneath.... Thanks!
Our First Annual Donation Extravaganza!

October 26th - November 24th

What it is?

For every receiving blanket or hemstitched blanket purchased from our website between October 26th and November 24th 2009, we will donate one to a local charity that serves people worldwide.


How it got started?

When starting KNH Designs, I wanted to stay focused on my family and run my company on the side with the object to learn more about business and give me a chance to sew. I decided to branch into baby blankets because it gave me an item that I could donate to local charities and also offer on my website. If I sold some... great! If I didn't... I would be able to donate them to those in need, which is even better!


So you may ask why I am going public with my service?

I am normally very shy about sharing my service publicly. I think that it is something private that you do because you love to, rather than to have people know about it. It all started this spring when I was preparing to make my first donations, my husband suggested that I get my family involved so that they could also participate. Reluctantly, but gratefully I conceded, which lead to two great days with those I love. We tied four quilts which were then donated to the humanitarian branch of a local church to be sent worldwide.


Why am I inviting others to participate if I already intended to donate anyway?

After this humbling experience and while I was getting ready the last few months to make and donate my receiving blankets, I thought about next year. Wondering how, if at all, I would be able to do the same thing this coming year with three little girls and a husband in school? Then I thought... if only I could sell a blanket for each one I donated... then that purchase could cover the cost of the material for the blanket purchased as well as buy fabric to continue this donation extravaganza next year. The blanket that will be donated with your purchase will be provided with love at our expense as originally intended ... this way I get to contribute finically too!... and the money from your purchase will enable us to make more quilt & receiving blanket donations next year... which we wouldn't be able to do without your help.


Hope for the coming year...

My hope, whether naive or not, is to make this an annual event. For my company to become something that gives me a break from the stresses of life, an outlet for my creativity, a chance to learn and then teach what I learn, but most of all... an opportunity to develop charity by serving those who are around me and maybe in the process learn to be humble enough to allow others to serve with me. So I guess that is putting myself out there completely for the possible scrutiny of others, but I believe that it can also do great things for others in the process!


More Info...

My goal is to have the blankets ready for donation by December 15th. Of course that depends on how many I need to make... I guess I should be hoping to spend the whole month locked up sewing!

Currently the donations will be made to the Humanitarian Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They serve people worldwide of all nationalities and faiths... they are very quick to respond to natural disasters through out the world with supplies (and hopefully some of my blankets)... and most of their humanitarian work is also done by those donating their time and services which I like.

You can also opt to donate to the American Red Cross by requesting it in the 'notes to seller' when checking out, or by contacting me at kim@knhdesigns.com after your purchase. The American Red Cross does accept donations, which they said are most likely to be used locally within the chapter of donation. I will be making the donation to my local chapter.

If you would like to have your blanket sent to your favorite local charity, please contact me. I am willing to do so, but there are some requirements that need to be met and you would be responsible for the shipping costs.

Thank you all very much. Let me know what you think or contact me with questions or ideas at kim@knhdesigns.com.


Currently we have a limited number of receiving blankets that are up on our website at this time, but All of our blankets will be up and running on our website beginning Monday the 25th.


No comments: